Growing up in Eastern Europe, Dr. Dana Filatova had a close relationship with nature, exploring a number of herbs and botanicals and gathering wild berries and mushrooms in the forest. She also grew up in a home with parents and grandparents who preferred natural remedies over medication. Her curiosity about food, herbs and natural remedies led to her childhood dream of becoming a doctor. To Dr. Filatova, “doctor” means healer/teacher – someone who heals the whole person by addressing the mind, body and spirit as opposed to treating disease.
Dr. Filatova’s path to becoming a doctor included her own personal health crisis and healing journey. The understanding and compassion that comes from such an experience allows her to connect with patients on a deeper level. Dr. Filatova’s extensive education, training and credentials include:
• Doctor of Clinical Nutrition (DCN), Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Master of Science, Nutrition & Integrative Health, Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Bachelor of Science, International Business, University of Maryland, Robert Smith Business School
• Board Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS), Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists
• Licensed Nutritionist (LDN), Maryland Board of Dietetic Practice
• Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN), International Society of Sports Nutrition
• Nutrition Coaching Certificate, Precision Nutrition Level 2
• Opus23 Certified Practitioner, Precision Medicine, Nutrigenomic Data Analysis
Dr. Filatova works to diagnose the root cause of illnesses and treat underlying conditions that affect brain health, digestive health, hormone imbalances, fatigue, sexual health, the immune system, metabolic conditions, skin and musculoskeletal health, and women’s health.